Header image alt text

长沙夜网,长沙桑拿,长沙桑拿按摩论坛

Powered by Nawaim!

Every week, we want you to predict the same games as the Global BC sports team. We’ll include our viewers’ results in the standings each week.

Take Our Poll

Global viewers last week: 3-1
Global viewers for the season: 30-14

Here’s what our anchors think this week, along with their thoughts on whether the Seattle Seahawks will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Squire Barnes: The Seahawks should be able to deal with a better Vikings team.

Seahawks 34 Vikings 27Texans 23 Bills 17Falcons 35 Bucs 31Raiders 28 Chiefs 24

LAST WEEK: 0-4
OVERALL: 21-23

Barry Deley: Yikes, Seahawks lose to the Vikes.

Vikings 27 Seahawks 23Texans 24 Bills 13Bucs 26 Falcons 16Chiefs 31 Raiders 21

LAST WEEK: 2-2
OVERALL: 28-16

Jay Janower: Another stiff test for the Hawks, can they get it done on the road? Vikings have only lost once at home, don’t see the Hawks handing them a 2nd home loss.

Vikings 21 Seahawks 10Texans 17 Bills 10Falcons 34 Bucs 21Chiefs 37 Raiders 17

LAST WEEK: 2-2
OVERALL: 29-15

Jay Durant: Seahawks get to 3 straight, and solidify a playoff position.

Seahawks 24 Vikings 17Bills 28 Texans 24Falcons 27 Bucs 23Chiefs 24 Raiders 20

LAST WEEK: 1-3
OVERALL: 26-18

Shanel Pratap: The Seahawks are getting the offence rolling again averaging 35 in the last 3 games. If the defense can keep Adrian Peterson in check, Seattle should get to 7-5.

Seahawks 24 Vikings 20Bills 27 Texans 20Bucs 31 Falcons 28Raiders 30 Chiefs 27

LAST WEEK: 3-1
OVERALL: 31-13

OVERALL STANDINGS

Pratap: 31-13
Viewers: 30-14
Janower: 29-15
Deley: 28-16
Durant: 26-18
Barnes: 21-23

ChangSha Night Net

PARIS – Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore is expressing his deep gratitude to Quebec for what he is calling its leadership role in tackling global climate change.

Gore was at the United Nations climate conference in Paris Saturday alongside Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard, who announced the province will contribute $25.5 million over five years to help French-speaking developing nations fight climate change.

ChangSha Night Net

Related

    COP21 summit shifts focus to global food security

  • COP21: Rising sea levels flood Bangladesh village

  • COP21: Stunning drone footage of melting ice sheet released

“Premier Couillard and his team have long since established fantastic leadership in the world community, in humanity’s effort to solve the climate crisis,” Gore said.

Couillard said $18 million of the funds will be used to support international projects that will capitalize on Quebec’s expertise in energy and clean technology. The rest will be split between a fund to finance climate-change adaptation measures in the world’s least-developed countries and initiatives to help youth get involved in environmental issues.

Gore said the announcement “warmed his heart” and served as an example of how developed regions can help the less-developed fight climate change.

He also praised the province’s past action in creating what Gore called a “truly effective” carbon market with California.

“Thank you to the people of Quebec,” he said. “You are becoming known as true heroes in the world’s effort to solve the climate crisis.”

Couillard, for his part, described Saturday’s announcement as “Quebec’s contribution to one of the major issues of international climate negotiations.”

Gore also had praise for other provinces including Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia for their commitment to reducing emissions.

READ MORE: Manitoba sets climate change targets

Earlier in the week he tweeted his support for Manitoba’s decision to launch a carbon market.

In November, he described Alberta Premier Rachel Notley’s climate change plan as “an inspiring addition to the legacy of leadership and forward-thinking action by Canadian provinces to speed our transition to a low carbon economy.”

READ MORE: Alberta outlines plan for transitioning to renewable energy

On Saturday, Gore chose to echo the words Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used in his opening speech at the Paris conference.

“Canada is back,” Gore said. “I don’t know if it’s OK for someone who’s not Canadian to say that, but everyone knows it’s true.”

©2015

EDMONTON — A 33-year-old Calgary man is facing several charges after a police chase through parts of Edmonton that lasted nearly 90 minutes Friday evening.

The ordeal, which snarled traffic through the evening rush, started at around 3:15 p.m. after a driver called police to report an alleged impaired driver in the area of 75 Street and 98 Avenue.

After locating the vehicle – a Chevrolet Silverado – in the area of 75 Street and 118 Avenue police attempted to stop the driver, but he sped away eastbound down 118 Avenue.

ChangSha Night Net

Police said they did not follow the truck for public safety reasons, but instead called in the Air 1 police helicopter to follow the suspect from the sky.

Air 1 followed the truck east on the Yellowhead and into Strathcona County. The truck then headed back into Edmonton where police officers on the ground threw down a spike belt in hopes of stopping the vehicle in an industrial area in southeast Edmonton.

With two flat front tires, the vehicle – which police learned was stolen – continued west down Argyll road. The truck continued on until it struck another vehicle in the area of 53 Avenue and Whitemud Drive. A tactical team and Canine Unit was eventually able to box in the suspect in the area of 178 Street and Whitemud Drive.

The man driving the truck “vigorously resisted arrest,” police said. Officers were forced to use a Taser on the man to bring him into custody at around 4:25 p.m.

Joel Hanley of Calgary, who police said was impaired, has is facing several charges including:

Criminal flight (x2)Possession of stolen property under $5,000Possession of stolen property over $5,000Criminal hit and runPossession of a dangerous weaponCriminal dangerous drivingResisting arrestFraudulent concealmentTheftMischief

More than 20 Edmonton police officers were dispatched to deal with the incident, which police said was the second extensive criminal flight in 39 hours.

More than 55 EPS officers and Strathcona County RCMP officers were called out early Thursday morning to deal with a criminal flight that ended with the arrest of a man and a woman.

©2015

Snowboarders shred it in downtown Montral

Posted by admin on 14/05/2019
Posted in 长沙夜网 

MONTREAL – It’s unseasonably mild and it hasn’t even snowed yet so it may be hard to believe that people are actually snowboarding —; in Montreal! On Saint-Denis Street to be exact.

This is the second year that Empire City Troopers brings the magic of the slopes to the city with a pop-up ski hill.

Snowboarders take on slopestyle course on Saint-Denis Street in qualifying rounds of urban snowboard contest with $15,000 up for grabs. Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015.

Max Kalinowicz / Global News

Starting at 2:30 p.m.  Saturday,  60 competitors hit the course on Saint-Denis Street, between Sherbrooke and Ontario streets, to compete for over $15,000 in prizes.

At 76- metres long, and nearly eight metres off the ground, the slope is the longest urban snowboard course in Canada.

The slope also features three different obstacles guaranteeing boarders will be performing some high-flying tricks.

Micah Desforges with Empire City Troopers says the event is about celebrating winter and showcasing some local talent.

“A lot of the best snowboarders in the world come from Quebec,” said Desforges “We wanted to showcase those guys on an urban scene.”

Organizers say that eight truckloads of artificial snow, or almost 200 cubic metres,  was shipped in from the Mont Saint-Bruno ski hill for the event.

A free snowboarding clinic for kids was held before the competition.

Last year’s event drew some 12,500 spectators and organizers are hoping to smash that record this year.

One of the boarders said he actually felt a little overwhelmed by the crowds.

“It’s fun,” he said. ” “But there are too many people. It’s stressful.”

Spectators take in the action on the giant screen at urban snowboard competition on Saint-Denis Street. Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015.

Max Kalinowicz / Global News

Finals kick-off at 9:15 p.m. with the awards ceremony being held at 10:15.

ChangSha Night Net

©2015

ST-JEROME, Que. – The jurors at Guy Turcotte’s murder trial will continue their deliberations on Sunday after failing to reach a verdict Saturday.

Turcotte, 43, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2009 stabbing deaths of his children, Olivier, 5, and Anne-Sophie, 3.

The jurors returned to court on Day 6 of their deliberations to ask the judge for clarifications on a Criminal Code provision pertaining to the defence of not criminally responsible.

READ MORE: Jurors at Guy Turcotte trial ask to hear some testimony again

Turcotte admitted to causing the children’s deaths but his lawyer argued the jury should find him not criminally responsible by way of mental disorder.

The three other possible verdicts are convictions on first-degree murder, second-degree murder or manslaughter.

This is Turcotte’s second trial on the charges. In 2011, a verdict of not criminally responsible took that jury six days of deliberations to reach.

WATCH BELOW: Guy Turcotte murder trial

Turcotte trial

03:36

Turcotte trial

01:23

Jury sequestered in Turcotte trial

01:30

Final instructions in Turcotte trial

01:39

Closing arguments in Turcotte trial

01:34

Turcotte to take stand in murder trial

01:39

Ex-wife speaks in Guy Turcotte case




ChangSha Night Net

Related

  • Jury sequestered in Guy Turcotte murder trial

  • Jury receives final instructions in Guy Turcotte trial

  • Jurors at Guy Turcotte trial ask to hear some testimony again

©2015