Header image alt text

长沙夜网,长沙桑拿,长沙桑拿按摩论坛

Powered by Nawaim!

EDMONTON – The Edmonton Oilers finally look to have their go-to goalie.

Anders Nilsson made 42 saves and Jordan Eberle to score 45 seconds into overtime as the Oilers toppled the NHL’s top road team, coming away with a surprising 2-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Friday.

“If Anders wasn’t the first, second and third star, he should have been,” Edmonton coach Todd McLellan said of the 25-year-old Swede, who has started in eight of his club’s last nine games over Cam Talbot.

ChangSha Night Net

Related

  • Sparks earns shutout in NHL debut, Maple Leafs blank Oilers 3-0

  • Kronwall scores OT winner to lift Red Wings over Oilers 4-3

  • Lindholm scores go-ahead goal, Hurricanes beat Oilers 4-1

“It was a hell of a performance. He stole the game.”

Taylor Hall also scored for the Oilers (10-15-2), who won their second game in a row after beating Boston 3-2 in a shootout to start their homestand on Wednesday in a game where Nilsson made 38 stops and was perfect in the shootout session.

“These are a big confidence boost for us to win these last two games,” Nilsson said. “Two very tight games and to win both of them, one in overtime and one in a shootout is huge for us. It shows we have good character and a good team.”

READ MORE: Jordan Eberle stars in Oilers’ shootout win

Mattias Janmark replied for the league-leading Stars (20-5-2), who have lost two of their last three to drop their road record to 11-2-2.

“We had some really good scoring chances and we should have scored early in the game, but we had to grind it and got a point,” Janmark said. “We’ll take that, but we wanted to get two.”

Nilsson was forced to be sharp in the early going, making a huge glove save on Tyler Seguin 48 seconds in and denying Jamie Benn on a breakaway a couple minutes later.

Those saves allowed the Oilers to take a 1-0 lead with five minutes to play in the first period as Hall picked the pocket of defender Patrik Nemeth and then picked the top corner behind Stars goalie Antti Niemi for his 10th of the season.

Dallas tied the game with 1:37 left in the second period as Janmark was allowed to take a couple of cracks at a rebound in front of the Edmonton net before slipping it past Nilsson.

The Stars outshot Edmonton 15-4 in the scoreless third period, but Nilsson stood on his head to send the game to extra time.

Edmonton forward Leon Draisaitl came up big in the overtime session, stealing the puck twice before setting up Eberle, who used a screen to send the puck past Niemi.

“It’s huge getting these consecutive wins,” Eberle said. “We just want to keep rolling. We played a good game against Boston and got the points. We didn’t play our best tonight, but we found a way to win.”

The Oilers continue their homestand with a game against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. The Stars have a bit of a break, not returning to the ice until Tuesday when they host the Carolina Hurricanes.

CHICAGO – Police officers who watched a colleague shoot a black Chicago teenager 16 times filed reports depicting a very different version of events than what dashcam footage showed, portraying the teen as far more menacing than he appeared in the video.

ChangSha Night Net

The city released hundreds of pages of documents late Friday pertaining to the October 2014 killing of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald by Jason Van Dyke, a white police officer. Van Dyke was charged with first-degree murder last month, only hours before the department released the video under a court order, sparking protests and accusations of a coverup.

The video, which the city kept from the public for more than a year, shows McDonald veering away from officers on a four-lane street when Van Dyke, seconds after exiting his squad car, opens fire from close range. The officer continues shooting after McDonald crumples to the ground and is barely moving. The video does not include sound, which authorities have not explained.

In the newly released police reports, several officers including Van Dyke and his partner described McDonald as aggressively approaching officers while armed with a knife. At least three other officers, including his partner, supported key details in Van Dyke’s portrayal of events.

The officers’ version, recorded in more than 300 pages of handwritten and typed reports, prompted police supervisors to rule at the time that McDonald’s death was a justifiable homicide and within the use of force guidelines, even though the dashcam video also was available to them shortly after the shooting.

Van Dyke told an investigator McDonald was “swinging the knife in an aggressive, exaggerated manner” and “raised the knife across the chest” and pointed it at Van Dyke, according to one report. Multiple officers reported that even after McDonald was down, he kept trying to rise while holding the knife.

“In defence of his life, Van Dyke backpedaled and fired his handgun at McDonald, to stop the attack,” one report reads. “McDonald fell to the ground but continued to move and continued to grasp the knife, refusing to let go of it.”

Van Dyke told an investigator he feared McDonald would rush him with the knife or launch it at him. He also noted a 2012 Chicago Police Department warning about a knife capable of firing a bullet, according to the reports. The reports included a copy of the warning issued by an unidentified “Midwest intelligence organization” that was circulated to officers.

The reports add to questions about the department’s handling of the shooting. The U.S. attorney’s office is investigating, and several officials have called for the U.S. Justice Department’s civil rights division to open a wider investigation of police practices, similar to ones conducted in Ferguson, Missouri, and elsewhere.

The shooting happened while protests were still roiling Ferguson months after the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black 18-year-old, Michael Brown. His death revived questions about police treatment of minorities throughout the United States and energized the national Black Lives Matter movement.

Chicago officials fought in court for months to keep the McDonald video from being released. The city’s early efforts coincided with Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s re-election campaign, when he was seeking African-American votes.

Emanuel has said he didn’t see the video until it was released publicly. He and a number of aldermen have said they relied on the city attorney, who did view it, when they signed off on a $5 million settlement with McDonald’s family even before the family filed a lawsuit.

In an op-ed article, Emanuel denied a coverup and said he “strongly” rejects any alleged connection to his re-election campaign. He said the city was following a longstanding practice of releasing such material only after an investigation was complete.

Emanuel fired Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy on Tuesday.

Van Dyke’s attorney, Dan Herbert, maintains the video doesn’t tell the whole story, and says the officer feared for his life and acted lawfully. Herbert didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

What’s on video and what the officers reported could all be true, said Dean Angelo, president of the Chicago police officer’s union, because each officer had “a different perspective,” which could vary significantly from the fixed car camera.

It’s unclear whether the newly released documents could lead to more officers being prosecuted. The officers would have Fifth Amendment protection for anything they said during an internal investigation, but their initial police reports could be used in an obstruction of justice case against them, said Phil Turner, a former federal prosecutor in Chicago.

“You’ve got police reports that say the guy lunged and a video that says that didn’t happen at all,” Turner said.

Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the city’s Independent Police Review Authority, not the police department, conducts investigations of officer-involved shootings and the agency was given all evidence from the scene. The authority has not released its report on McDonald’s death.

“If the criminal investigation concludes that any officer participated in any wrongdoing, we will take swift action,” Guglielmi said.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson said the documents show police “misrepresenting” what happened and called for an escalation of protests Sunday in the city’s business district.

Requests for comment to representatives for Emanuel, Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez and the police review authority weren’t immediately returned.

McDonald was being chased by police after reports he was burglarizing vehicles.

The police reports refer to him as the “offender” and Van Dyke and other officers as “victims.”

Van Dyke’s partner, identified as Joseph Walsh, told an investigator that he repeatedly yelled “Drop the knife!” at McDonald and backed up as the teenager “continued to advance toward the officers.” He said McDonald “swung the knife toward the officers in an aggressive manner” before Van Dyke shot him and that he believed McDonald was “attempting to kill them.”

Walsh said McDonald attempted to get up after falling, “while still armed with the knife.” He said he eventually kicked the knife away from McDonald and then told the dying teenager “Hang in there” as an ambulance was called.

When announcing charges against Van Dyke, Alvarez said McDonald’s knife, which had a 3-inch blade, was folded when recovered from the scene. One of the police reports said the knife’s blade was open.

One report said McDonald showed “irrational behaviour,” such as ignoring verbal directions, “growling” and making noises. A medical examiner’s report said the hallucinogen PCP was found in his system.

Redactions in the police reports cover signatures, a reporter’s cellphone number, the serial number of the officer’s gun and McDonald’s address.

___

Associated Press writers Michael Tarm and Don Babwin contributed to this report.

BERLIN — Germany stepped up its contribution to the fight against the Islamic State group on Friday, with lawmakers overwhelmingly voting in favor of sending reconnaissance jets, a tanker plane and a frigate to provide broad noncombat support to the U.S.-led coalition flying airstrikes against the militants.

The move answers a call for help from France following last month’s deadly attacks in Paris. IS militants claimed responsibility for the Nov. 13 attacks that killed 130 people and wounded hundreds.

ChangSha Night Net

READ MORE: Kerry says Syrian ceasefire could lead to IS’ defeat in ‘months’

On Friday, Belgian and French authorities said they were hunting two new suspects in the Paris carnage. The men used fake identity cards and sent money to a relative of the man who orchestrated the attacks the day before the ringleader died in a shootout with French police, the Belgian prosecutor’s office said.

The German Parliament voted 445 in support of the mission against IS and 146 against, with seven abstentions. The plan received wide support from the ranks of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s governing coalition, a week after the German leader assured French President Francois Hollande that Germany would “act quickly” to help its ally.

German opposition lawmakers, however, questioned the effectiveness of military operations against the extremists.

“You won’t fight IS that way. You’ll only strengthen it,” Left Party lawmaker Sahra Wagenknecht told Parliament.

Her criticism echoed the concerns voiced by Nicolas Henin, a French journalist who was held hostage by Islamic State militants for 10 months until being freed in April 2014. Henin told The Associated Press that while using military muscle against the group shouldn’t be ruled out, it should only be a small part of a broader strategy.

“The party that will win is not the party that will have the most powerful, the most modern or the most expensive weaponry or even the bravest fighters,” Henin said.

“The side that will win … is the party that will have the Syrian people on its side. By bombing Syria, we are pushing the Syrians into the hands of IS.”

The 134 million-euro ($145 million) German mission will see two Tornado reconnaissance planes sent to Turkey’s Incirlik base as early as next week. The frigate is already en route to join French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle.

“The goal… is to fight and contain IS, and destroy their safe havens and their ability to lead worldwide terror operations,” Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen told reporters Thursday before heading to Ankara for talks with her Turkish counterpart.

She also met with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to talk about stationing German troops there and other aspects of the deployment, the Defense Ministry said Friday.

In all, Germany plans to send up to six Tornado reconnaissance planes and a tanker aircraft, as well as the frigate to help protect the French aircraft carrier, but won’t actively engage in combat.

READ MORE: Britain launches Syria airstrikes against Islamic State as US adds to forces

A maximum contingent of 1,200 soldiers was also approved, serving as support troops in Turkey and elsewhere, including at headquarters operations in Qatar and Kuwait. The German mission is open-ended, but needs annual parliamentary approval.

An association representing active and former members of the German military said it wouldn’t discount the possibility that Germany might eventually send ground troops to Syria. “A few weeks ago the government had also ruled out an active role of the air force against IS, and we know where things stand now,” the chairman of the German Bundeswehr Association, Andre Wuestner, told public broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk.

But Merkel’s government reiterated that the mission was one of noncombat support.

“There’s nothing in this mandate about the deployment of ground troops,” the German leader’s spokesman, Steffen Seibert, said. “It’s not planned, and nobody in the German government is planning it.”

Meanwhile, Hollande visited the Charles de Gaulle, France’s only aircraft carrier, in the eastern Mediterranean where it was dispatched a week before the Paris attacks. The French carrier has been launching raids against Islamic State bases as part of the U.S.-led coalition’s strikes against the group — 110 sorties so far. It carries 2,000 people on board.

READ MORE: US-backed alliance faces challenges as it becomes a force against ISIS

British jets flew their first missions as part of the coalition’s anti-IS efforts on Thursday, striking oil fields in eastern Syria that help finance IS.

On Friday, the Belgian federal prosecutor’s office said authorities were searching for two new suspects in the Paris attacks.

The men, carrying bogus IDs in the names of Samir Bouzid and Soufiane Kayal, were traveling in a Mercedes with another Paris attacks fugitive, Salah Abdeslam, when the car was checked Sept. 9 at the Hungarian-Austrian border, the prosecutor’s office said in a statement.

It said the Kayal ID was also used to rent a house in the Belgian town of Auvelais that authorities have searched as a possible site for making the suicide bombs used in the Paris attacks.

©2015The Associated Press

WATCH: Man tries to snort cocaine during traffic stop

Posted by admin on 15/02/2019
Posted in 长沙楼凤 

A man pulled over by a police officer in Seattle, Washington this week, allegedly tried to snort cocaine right in front of the officer.

The 73-year-old man was initially stopped for not having on his headlights.

Officer Nic Abts-Olsen was intending to give the driver a warning due to his clean record, but when he returned to the vehicle after checking the man’s license and record, he spotted him scooping cocaine out of a glass vile.

After arresting the man, the officer questioned the driver over his actions.

“Are you kidding? You’re about to snort coke on the side of the road? Why…What would possess you to do that on a traffic stop, with a police officer right behind you? I just don’t understand.”

“I don’t understand either,” the man replied.

The man was arrested and booked for drug possession.

ChangSha Night Net

Related

  • Kamloops Mountie who was shot in traffic stop hopes to return to work soon

  • Traffic stop in Brantford, Ont. ends in 4-vehicle crash, assault: police

  • Caught on camera: Officer dodges bullets during traffic stop

©2015

David Suzuki looks back as his foundation turns 25

Posted by admin on 15/02/2019
Posted in 长沙楼凤 

If David Suzuki hadn’t read Rachel Carson’s seminal book Silent Spring, he doesn’t know where his life might have taken him.

“It’s hard to imagine what the world was like when her book came out, but there was no department of the Environment anywhere in the planet,” he says.

It awoke Suzuki’s inner activist, beginning a career that would make the UBC biology professor an environmental advocate known the world over.

“It was a very exciting time. In 1988, the environment all over the world was at its absolute top. And that’s when Brian Mulroney was re-elected Prime Minister, and to show that he cared about the environment, he appointed his brightest star, Lucien Bouchard.”

Soon after, Suzuki asked Bouchard how serious he thought global warming was.

“These were his exact words: It threatens the survival of our species. We have to act now,” he said.

WATCH: Linda Aylseworth’s extended interview with Suzuki

ChangSha Night Net

So Suzuki did. In 1990, after meeting with a group of like-minded people, it was decided that there was room for one more environmental organizations. But

“We said this organization should look at root causes to find solutions to change direction, and we would base it on science, the best science we could find.”

The David Suzuki Foundation’s message wasn’t just directed to adults, but to future generations.

“If children are being educated to understand the value of air, water, soil and so on, then if kids say ‘dad, I’m really worried about what’s going on with the atmosphere, then it seems to me if you love your children, you have to act,’” he says.

Much has changed since those early days – but then again, much hasn’t. And yet Suzuki still has hope for the future, especially after the recent federal election.

“I lived in tremendous anger and frustration under the Harper government. the government had never acknowledged the severity and reality of climate change. Changing governments on October 19 was huge.”

There was a time when Suzuki felt the world rested on his shoulders, but not for a long time. The foundation has shown him that there are many others who share his convictions.

“With a lot of people, we’re each a drop in the bucket. But with enough drops, you can fill any bucket there is.”